Does trying to figure out which looping pedal is right for you make you… loopy? Whether you’re a live looper, a beat boxer, or just a beginner, we’ve got the right looping pedal for you!
The BASIC: BOSS RC-1
The latest in a long line of looping pedals, the RC-1 is the simplest and most user-friendly looping pedal made by BOSS. With 12 minutes of stereo recording time, in/out jacks that can be used with stereo effects and amplifiers and the ability to connect to other stereo instruments such as synthesizers, this looping pedal packs a punch.
The RC-1 is built for:
- Guitarists, bassists, keyboardists, electronic percussionists, and any musician with a stereo (or mono) output from their instrument.
- The ‘live looper’ who isn’t performing with pre-recorded loops or backing tracks, and doesn’t need to save any of their loop performances.
The MARATHONER: BOSS RC-3
If three hours of stereo recording time, storage for 99 loops, a “real drums” rhythm guide, and USB 2.0 compatibility all in a small BOSS stompbox has you drooling – this may be the pedal for you!
The RC-3 is built for:
- Guitarists, bassists, keyboardists, electronic percussionists, and any musician with a stereo (or mono) output from their instrument who needs USB computer integration for importing/exporting loops.
- Loopers who want to save their loop performances.
- Loopers who want to use pre-recorded loops, or play backing tracks for loop-along play.
- Loopers who want to loop along with the Rhythm Guide.
- Loopers who want ‘Loop Quantize’ to help them create seamless loops.
The DOUBLE DOUBLE: BOSS RC-30
Twin Pedal multitrack looper with two synchronized stereo tracks and built-in loop effects? Yes please! Because sometimes, one looping pedal just isn’t enough.
The RC-30 is built for:
- All of the RC-3 above plus…
- Vocalists, beat-boxers, or acoustic instrument players using a microphone.
- Loopers who want to record and control 2 loops at once.
- Loopers needing basic loop FX.
The MOTHERSHIP – BOSS RC-300:
This looper is NOT for the faint of heart. The RC-300 has everything you could ever want in a Looping pedal – and then some! Three synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume knobs and transport-control footswitches for each track, a master Expression pedal, and a deluxe, ultra-wide control panel for the ultimate in live-performance manipulation. But wait, there’s more! The RC-300 also has built-in pro effects to take your loops to the next level. And if that just isn’t enough looping power for you – two or more RC-300s can be used in a group looping situation and synced to the Master RC-300. Woah.
The RC-300 is built for:
- All of the above RC-30 plus…
- Loopers who want to record and independently control 3 stereo loops at once.
- Loopers needing more effects power onboard.
- Loopers who need bussing options (I.e. sending a click to the drummer, routing individual loops out of separate outputs).
The TRAILBLAZER – BOSS RC-505:
Breaking out of the traditional foot pedal design, the RC-505 offers up some significant looping power – at your fingertips! Beatboxers, singers, and club performers, your Loop Station has arrived. This compact tabletop device, has five stereo phrase tracks and various loop playback behaviors, plus INPUT FX and TRACK FX that deliver a wide range of real-time processing options for dynamic, expressive sound creation. Just plug in a mic, instrument, or other audio source, and then ride the intuitive panel controls to build and mix some amazing loops! The RC-505 also supports computer integration via USB and operation with external pedals and MIDI, opening a world of advanced looping possibilities for all types of musicians.
The RC-505 is built for:
- Table-top loopers, beat-boxers and electronic musicians (I.e. Ableton Live users) or looping artists that need a hand-operated looper.
- Loopers who want to record and independently control 5 stereo loops at once.
- Loopers that need real-time hand control of Input and Output Loop FX.
- DJs wanting to add an extra element of Live performance to their sets.
- Loopers who need to sync to software like Ableton Live or Traktor DJ.
- DJs and Live Electronic artists that don’t want to use a laptop to play back synced audio.
- DJs to use to sample and live loop other musicians synced to their DJ set.